- More than 8 in 10 kids (83%) have cell phones; 53% have had them since they were 12 or younger*
- More than 35% admitted to using their cell phones to cheat
- 52% admitted to some form of cheating involving the Internet
- 38% said they copied text from Web sites and turned it in as their own work
- 65% of students with cell phones say they use them during school, but only 23% of parents think their kids are using them during school
- 69% of schools have cell policies that don’t permit cell use, but more than half of all kids ignore them
For more information about the specifics of how this is happening and what teachers and parents can do about it, visit CommonSenseMedia.org.