2011 Tech Ideas to Start the Year
(from Middle School teachers and the Integration Blog)
Find some time. Click a few links. A little something for everybody.
Student Work Displayed
- See the results of grade level wide integration that saw Grade 6 students produce videos to be viewed by the United Nations.
- View some well thought out Grade 5 Wellness Public Service Announcements based around the idea of bullying.
- Watch and listen to the Advanced Strings play. Soothing.
- Discover one way to use student comments in your blog.
- View the Scribd versions of some Grade 6 students’ booktalks.
- Sports Day video
Teacher Blogging Techniques
- A clever way to make that weekly post that takes the “blogging pain” away.
- View the power of embedded games on your blog site. A natural fit.
- Witness the draw-you-in-ness of having large, clear images at the start of your blog posts.
- Simple organization of daily class starters you already do allows for student review and a bank of future resources.
To inspire integration
- Are you interested in 31 Interesting Ways to Use Google Docs in the Classroom ?
- How many of the Top 100 Online Learning Tools are you familiar with?
- Wondering how to Skype in the classroom?
- Check out an example of incorporating tech options as choices for student work products.
- Have your students use a drawing to explain concept using Sketchcast.
Off the beaten track
To soothe the soul at the start of 2011: