How many of you have considered using Skype during your lessons? Having conversations with people, outside of ISM, is a great way to enhance your lessons. I’m sure you can think of something in your curriculum that could be enhanced through a Skype conversation.
Need some ideas on how you can use Skype in your classroom?
Now, you just have to find someone to Skype. The links below will help.
- Skype Education Blog– Join a free directory that connects teachers and helps them use Skype to enrich students’ educational experience.
- Skype an Author– Do your students have questions that they would like to ask an Author? This site allows you to find an Author who is willing to talk to your class. It is free if the conversation is less than 15 minutes.
- Skype in the Classroom – a Ning community of educators looking to make connections
- Around the World in 80 Schools– help this teacher make connections with other schools around the world
- The EduSkypers Phonebook
- Skype for Educators– bring experts into your room
- Connect with other Classrooms –participants listed by country
- ePals– join collaborative projects and connect via Skype
If you need any assistance in setting up a Skype call, be sure to contact the integrator in your division and they will be happy to help.