As you may have noticed, the new WordPress themes introduced this year do not offer support for categories as drop-down menus (nested). However, they do support pages as drop-downs, and with a little tweaking, we can have the pages link to categories and sub-categories once again (or anything else you’d like). Here’s how:
- Activate the plugin, “Page Links To” – found under “Plugins” on the left side of your dashboard.
2. Create a new page (or edit an existing page). At the bottom of the screen you’ll see the option to add a URL (web address).
3. Simply type or paste a URL in that box, and the page will then redirect to that URL when clicked. This could be anything – a particular category, page, blog, website, etc.
4. If you’ve linked this page to a particular category, and wish for the sub-category to also show, simply create a new page once again, but this time you’ll attribute this page to the page parent.
5. Select the parent page (the page this will fall under), and be sure to repeat Step 3 once again for adding a URL (which would be the sub-category).
Clear as mud?
This is a bit tricky to do. If you’d like assistance, please let me know.